Monday, April 28, 2014

Stamp Workshop April 26th

I had some customers that wanted to come and make some cards, so I put together a class to make 3 card designs.  They made 2 of each design and went home with 6 quick cards.
 
This first card was inspired by a sample that was on the Stampin' Up web page.
It uses a technique called second generation stamping.
The perfect plum, pear pizazz and blushing bride color was a new combination for me, but I think it turned out nice.  I am loving the candy dots for accent color
 Below is a quick design that can be easily modified with color.
I used Melon Mambo in the scheme below.
The "Happy Watercolor" set was used for the flower and saying.
Using rhinestones or pearls adds a little bling.
The 3rd card had a choice of designer paper.
The designer paper pretty much makes this card.
I used the Retro Fresh DSP and everyone had a choice of 4 different paper patterns to choose from. 
I used Coastal Cabana to accent the designer paper and frame the sentiment "Make a Wish" from the "Perfect Pennants" set.
This is the first time I have used the burlap ribbon which can give a more masculine feel and add texture.
I love the Basic metal buttons because they are so flat and better for mailing.
(edited 5/6/14-- So happy to see that these buttons are in the new 2014-15 caty)


No comments: