Monday, June 18, 2012

Bitterroot Stampers- Meeting #6 June 6th

Kaye O. was the hostess for this meeting.  Kaye's hostess party is going to be our first order with the new 2012-13 catalog.  There are new things in the catalog that we all can't wait to try and use.
This meeting is our last until next fall.  We have decided that we don't want to meet during the summer because we all have way too many other things that we want to do.
I wanted to give everyone something for our last meeting so I made these frames below.
I used the new in-color raspberry ripple for the background color. 
I think this is one of my favorite new colors.
The poem below I found in one of  my saved samples/idea box.
I thought it was a good reminder.
I printed it out on very vanilla from the computer and then took crumb cake to the edges. 
The stamp set is a retired set called XXXXX
I stamped it on the watercolor paper using black StazOn ink.
Then I used watercolor wonders and reinkers to color the flowers.
I think they were supposed to be hydrangeas, but I wanted them to be lilacs.
I will have to show the ladies how the watercolor wonders work next fall when we start meeting again.
I think they will really enjoy using them. 
I decided that since we weren't going to meet for awhile that it would be a good idea to make a few cards so that they would have some on hand.
So I designed 3 cards.  One birthday card, one Thank You and one general use card.
I cut enough supplies so that everyone would be able to have about 3 of each.
One of the techniques that I showed them was how to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig.
The Thank You card below used the Stamp-a-ma-jig to position the thank you very much stamp.

No comments: