Friday, May 11, 2018

Sapphire Stampers Club 4-12-18 Hostess: Linda B.

We had 3 projects for this club (which was our last one of the season)
This cute little luminary box using the window box thinlits.  Had to decorate it a bit, so I added a fresh fig paper flower using the pansy punch which is retiring.  I am glad the luminary thinlits are carrying over into the 2018-18 caty.  I love it!
 The center of the flower has a gold faceted gem.


We also made some Birthday cards using the Touches of textures set.  I am also glad this set is carrying over into the new annual catalog as it is one of my go-to favs.  I have made a lot of cards using this set.  We used watercolor pencils to color in the flowers and leaves.  The paper on the right side of the card is pool party.  I also used second generation pool party ink on the splatter stamp that is a very subtle background behind the flowers.  The card base is smokey slate.  Happy Birthday is from the Rose Wonder set which is also retiring.


We also made another card using the Butterfly basics set.  This set is retiring and I wanted to get one more use out of it before it was gone as it was another of my favorites.
We did a technique coloring in the flowers first with the white opaque pens and then took a Stampin blend marker to give it a little color and add some shape to the flowers. Although you can't tell in the picture, I also gave it a little glimmer using the wink of stella.  I used the pressed petals embossing folder on the sweet sugarplum paper.

No comments: